Monday, March 14, 2011

Dreaming of Sprout People and Red Wine

Fell asleep late last night as soon as my head hit the pillow. Such sweet and peaceful slumber - for 3 hrs. Then I woke-up feeling refreshed and relaxed. It was 3:45 a.m. Tried to go back to sleep, but my head wouldn't quiet down. Excited about this 1 year journey. I finally drifted-off 45 min. before the alarm was due to ring, but woke back up after only 30 min. Then the phone started ringing.

All day the phone rang, but always after I had left the room, so I could never run back and answer in time. This should have set the mood for the day, making me irritable, but instead I waltzed through the day without a care. Plenty of energy and just so laid back.

My son, True, has been hit hard with allergies, just when Spring Break started. I bought him some Benadryl and cough drops. I'll remind him to watch a comedy marathon. He may feel better by morning.

Friends have been very supportive of this blog and I've received some great ideas from them. Tomorrow is the big day for stocking-up on healthy provisions. My friend Laughing Laura has directed me where to order a sprouting kit to grow my own sprouts. I've been wanting to do that for 3-4 yrs. So why haven't I yet? Uh-huh. Sprouts are great for making hummus and putting in salads and breads. They're extremely nutritious.

Laughing Laura recommends The Sprout People   http://sproutpeople.org/

Another friend, Richie, recommended the vitamin, Resveratrol, extracted from the grapes used to make red wine. He's had amazing results: younger looking, more energy, better sleep :-) etc. I've heard those stories about it, but always in the media. Hearing the testimony from someone you know gives it even more cred. I've been wanting to try it, so tomorrow I'm going to Sam's (where Richie bought his) to get a nice big Sam's-size bottle.

Small but meaningful steps made today: 
  1. Finally remembered to bring my own reusable grocery bags with me into the store and use them for the first time. I felt so proud - I had just saved the environment all by myself!
  2. Walking through the hospital on the way to see my doctor, I passed about a dozen people and I smiled and said, "hi!". They all returned the greeting.
  3. Ate only healthy foods. It's about to get a whole lot healthier. 

Today
Laughter Yoga 30 min.
Meditation 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment